In previous years, the Beijing International Auto Show has been used to display low-end models destined for emerging markets. But this year, the event is being used by many automakers, including Honda, to showcase higher-end vehicles that are destined for both domestic (within the Chinese market) and global releases.
Proof of this notion? Two new concepts from Honda. One is a exotic-looking sports sedan bound for the Chinese market. The other is described as a tall hybrid hatchback that's currently set for a global release. Have a look at the details below for each vehicle, then feel free to leave us a comment about what you think.
Honda Concept C At a Glance
- Class: Four-door sports Sedan
- Style: Fierce body lines with an aggressive front-end grille
- Platform: Same as the Honda Accord
- Speculative powertrain: Four-cylinder engine, paired with a five-speed transmission
Honda Concept S At a Glance
- Class: Five-door hatchback hybrid
- Style: Curved body lines, with a streamlined front end
- Platform: Same as the next-generation Honda Insight
- Speculative powertrain: Not detailed at this time
Will Honda opt to produce the Concept C for drivers in St Louis in the long run? How will the mileage of the Concept S compare to competing models? These are questions that Honda of Frontenac, located at 885 S Lindber Saint Louis, MO would like to see answered. And we invite you to stay tuned to see if the Big H provides any insight in the near future.